Next: RELATIONAL MODEL OF DATA
Up: DATABASE APPROACH
Previous: Database/Database Management System
- Self contained nature of database systems (database contains
both data and meta-data).
- Data Independence: application programs and queries are
independent of how data is actually stored.
- Data sharing.
- Controlling redundancies and inconsistencies.
- Secure access to database; Restricting unauthorized access.
- Enforcing Integrity Constraints.
- Backup and Recovery from system crashes.
- Support for multiple-users and concurrent access.
Tue Apr 1 16:15:10 PST 1997